Ok just want to add something to this post will also add it to the first post as well. My GPS was also not working even after the update so I found that someone on the XDA forums found another way to fix it and it worked for me and now my gps is spot on accurate
How to get GPS working and useable on the Samsung Infuse
I know there are many “This is how to make GPS work” threads out there, but I have tired this many times and so have others and it works.
Please note that this requires rooting your phone and replacing files in your phone’s system folder. I have personally done this over 20 different times and have never had an issue; however the developers that created any of the following and I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. I have tried this on the stock build and Eugene_373’s R3 Hybrid Rom and it worked every time. I have also had 12 different people from around the US try and it has worked for them.
Edit and update, this does not work for everyone, but it is working for a lot of people. Also it seems to not work if you are running JH7. If it does not work, please do not post a long rant about. Just let us know and that is it.
Anyways, now to the fix
1. Download my modified lib files from here: http://rapidshare.com/files/419891405/lib.zip
(thank you -=HOLLYW00D=- )
If anyone can mirror this, that would help. edit updated link
2. Unzip the file, there is a “lib” folder, you want the stuff in that folder.
3. Download Droid Explorer from here: http://de.codeplex.com/releases/view/50997
4. Root the phone, if you want to unroot your phone use this: [PROGRAM] Updated:One Click Root/UnRoot (Mac and PC)
5. Enable USB Debugging on your phone (Settings --> Applications --> Development --> Check USB debugging)
6. Plug your phone into your computer (you should already have the USB drivers installed) and start Droid Explorer (now the fix).
7. Copy the contents from inside my lib folder into your phone’s /system/lib folder; in Droid Explorer, double click settings, then lib, paste the files in there.
a. This will replace 200+ files and can take up to 2-3 minutes.
8. Once the files have been replaced, close Droid Explorer and unplug the phone
9. Open the phone’s GPS config app; open the dial pad and dial *#*#1472365#*#* (if you are running jh7 see below)
10. Select Application Settings and make the following changes:
a. Operation Mode: MS Based
b. Use SkyHook: OFF ( edit: I have tried with this on and off, try off first than if the lock takes longer than 45 seconds, turn it on)
11. Press back and Select SUPL/CP Settings and make the following changes:
a. Set Server: supl.google.com
b. Server Port: 7276
c. SUPL Secure Socket: OFF
12. Press Back twice and restart the phone (turn off and back on)
13. Once the phone restarts (now you can unroot the phone if wanted, the modification is done)
Go ahead and test GPS, it should now work the way you expected it to.